Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sleep

Tonight is the second night I have tucked Ella into bed and kissed her sleepy cheeks, turned around, and walked back downstairs. She is fine, I'm sad. I miss my night time buddy. I nurse her, then swaddle, then rock her to drowsy. Then I place her in her cradle, turn on the Sleep Sheep and go. Last night I dream nursed her at midnight. I plan to do the same tonight. I change her diaper and then she's back in bed. She slept until 5 am last night. 9:30pm to 5am is a pretty good place to start. But I will really love it when she goes until at least 7 when Sean is about ready to go to work. With this development of going to bed and sleeping through the night basically, means that the couch cave has been retired for now. My living room is back in order and I am sleeping next to my husband. I am happy to be next to him, but do miss my late night time with Ella Grace even if I now get more sleep. This development also means my little girl is getting bigger. She is almost a 1/4 of the way through her first year. I've been a mommy for nearly 3 months. There is still sooooo far to go, but I feel like this time is flying by. 

Random Photo Of the Day



Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep.  ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

It kills you to see them grow up.  But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.  ~Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable! TGIF! I'm following you on twitter and your blog from Friday Follow!

    I'm at:
    http://busyworkingmama.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/busyworkingmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! Rosie is four years old and I miss those little chubby baby legs. Your blog is so welcome as a reminder to, as you say, cherish every moment.

    Can I subscribe by email?

    ReplyDelete