Monday, April 12, 2010

Eat Sleep Poop

Yes, those are the bullet points of my day. They are also the title of a book my Grandjo & Don recently ordered for me.   

Eat Sleep Poop A Common Sense Guide to Your Baby's First Year This book by Scott W.Cohen M.D., F.A.A.P is great! I began browsing it last night and it really is a great resource. The wording is easy to read and the author is a hoot. He writes from the standpoint of both a pediatrician and a new dad. The book is broken into 10 Chapters ranging form preparing for baby to growth and developmental milestones to colds and food. Throughout each section he includes little boxes of "Common Sense Bottom Line" summaries. These are written with humor, but really to help you pull the main point of the information provided. Another great feature are the "Daddy vs. Doctor" segments. These little antidotes speak of his own path to realization as a doctor through his experiences as a father. I'm excited to continue reading this book and will surely be thumbing through the handy index in search of just the right answers. Of all the baby books I've browsed and own, this is thus far a favorite. I'm sure I will be pulling from this book for some of my upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment