Saturday, April 17, 2010

My #1

You see movies and read books and dream of having a perfect family outing on a perfect spring day. Well, at least I have. Being a wife, a mommy, having a family of my own, these things have been #1 on my to-do list for life since I was old enough to know what a mommy and wife were.

Tonight as I sit and think over my day, it was not perfect, but it wasn't a dream, it was in real life! So who cares if it wasn't perfect, I've made it! I have started my very own family. I'm a wife. I'm a mommy. I can check #1 off my list and edit the details a little to something a little more attainable and a lot more interesting than perfection.

9am, what a perfect wakeup time. Babe still snuggled deep in sleep, husband making breakfast to bring me in bed. A nice gentle breeze blowing through the open window.After having breakfast in bed and a long luxurious shower I hear the babe cooing gently in her cradle. 


The morning started early. Earlier than we had anticipated. Ella Grace decided to wake up at 6:30 and that woke Sean up. I fed the baby and rolled over to go back to sleep. Sean decided to take a shower and take Ella Grace with him. Did I fall back asleep? Of course not! I took a fast shower after they were out and then had to nurse the baby again and didn't even make it downstairs without smelling like milk.

Husband: "Honey, lets go for a nice stroll in the park. Pack a picnic and then come home for an afternoon nap."
Me: "sounds wonderful dear!"

8am
Me: "Ok, Lemonade Days start at 10am. Do we want to take the stoller or just the Ergo baby carrier? "
Sean: "Stoller? We have a stroller?"
Me: "Yes, can you clean it off? It was in Michele's garage for a while."
Sean:" Let's plan to be there when the festival starts."
Me:"ok"

10:30am
Me: "Ok everything is in the car. Sean, why are those cds there?"
Sean: "I was going to look through them"
Me:" Can't you just talk to me?"

Ok... I won't keep giving a play by play but there were arguments but there was fun and today was a dream come true for me. We went to the festival, walked around, and ate some BBQ. Left the festival, went to IKEA (where we met Sean's mom and brother for lunch) and walked around some more before coming home to crash around 5pm. Here are some pictures of my not so perfect, perfect life.

Sean packing his ever present backpack
(I'll blog about this some time.)
"Ok mom! I'm ready to go now!"
The view from Mommy's seat.
(Thank you Grandjo & Don for the mirror)
The"small" bag of yummy kettle corn that was bigger then Ella Grace.
Sean wearing the ergo for the first time.
My in real life dream come true family.
I've discovered my summer treat
Frozen Cherry Coke from Burger King!

Take a moment to enjoy the lack of perfection in your real life 
instead of wishing or hoping for impractical dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Now I want a cherry coke!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice family - it's about loving each other. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splurpys (is that how we spell it) are yum! But I am a child of the 80's... my boys prefer sno cones.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and signing up for the book giveaway! Thanks for becoming a follower as well!

    Hope to see you around. Precious blog and family, too!

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2010/04/its-either-her-or-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'perfect' scenarios, if only... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post!! I like the dream vs reality, you had me chuckling this morning.

    You have a beautiful family and beautiful attitude, nice to meet you. I'm stopping by from BlogHer and Friday Follow.

    My blog is about feeling lucky and my favorite thing to feel lucky about is my family. You're inspiring me to do a post about appreciation.

    When you have a minute, stop by and I hope you decide to follow me back-

    Kelly
    http://KellysLuckyYou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete