Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Have you had your break today?

If only going to McDonald's really made things better and made a girl feel refreshed. Then again, if it did, I might be as big as a house instead of the comfortably curvy girl that I am today.

As people IRL (in real life) know, Sean and I don't have the best of luck or can't "catch a break" when it comes to health issues. Today, Sean went in for testing at one of the satellite branches of our local hospital. He has a bump on the back of his neck that has been there for several years, but has just recently started to bother him. In the past 2 months, he has competed 3 rounds of antibiotics in hopes of taking care of the issue. We assumed it was a cyst or folliculitis (infected ingrown hair.) When the antibiotics didn't take care of the issue, we were sent to a general surgeon to talk about cutting it out. We were still thinking cyst or  folliculitis.

Last Week

Dr.S: "I would like to do some test just to make sure we aren't missing something. This appears to be a lymph node and I don't want to just cut it out without doing a CT and blood work first. Then we can byposy it and send it to pathology to rule out Lymphoma."

Me & Sean: "Lymphoma?"

Today

Sean's mom took him to the hospital at 6am for testing. At 11am, after blood work and a CT, they admitted him. The byopsy has been scheduled for 10:30am tomorrow.

Really, I could use my break.I wonder if Ronald can help me out. If nothing else, I need some french fries. I'm typing this from Sean's room at the hospital. Ella is asleep in the bobby on the little hospital table/tray thing next to my laptop. She is blissfully unaware of the worry and angst her parents are currently experiencing. I keep telling myself and Sean that everything is going to be fine. God did not bring us to this point together and give us Ella just to take Sean away from me. He is going to be here for the long haul.

With that said, could you please take a break from your day and say a prayer for us? A prayer for health and peace and for all that is to come.

God Bless you and yours.

5 comments:

  1. Prayers are always headed your way! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are yours! Everything will be fine. No matter what they find or don't find. Call me if you need to vent.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Callie....we are all praying for you and Sean. God is great so lean on Him. He will get your through everything. We will be thinking of your family. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayer is sent my dear. Keep us up to date as to what is happening, love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers Callie! Please keep us informed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete