Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Maggie!

On my first day of kindergarten, as my mom and dad were pulling up to the school, I saw a girl. She was standing in front of the school sign having her picture taken with her little sister. She had long blond hair. I wanted blond hair. "I hope she is in my class" I told my parents. When we walked into my classroom, she was there, her name was Maggie. We were in kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade together. In 3rd grade, the teachers suggested separating us as we were known to be quite chatty. In 4th grade Maggie when to a different school, 3 weeks into the year, I transferred there. My family moved away in 5th grade, and Maggie and I didn't end up back together for another 2 years. 7th grade, we both started a new school, middle school. But we had each other.

That was the last year we were in school together. But our friendship has remained. We don't see each other often. It's been almost 2 years I guess. But I will always love her and pray for her and hope that one day our lives will reconnect.

Happy 25th Birthday Maggie Girl, LYLAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment