Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursaday- Quarter Century Edition


Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Colossians 3:16 (ESV)

You might have noticed that this is a special Thankful Thursay post. A quarter century post. Tomorrow I turn 25 so I though I would list 25 things I'm thankful for.

1. I am thankful for parents who raised me to see God in the world around me and to seek Him in all things.
2. I am thankful for life long girl friends. I love you Gracie &  Renee.
3. I am thankful for the love and laughter I share with my husband. I love you Sean.
4. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter Ella Grace. The best present I ever received. I loved you before you were even an embryo in my womb and I love you more and more each day.
5. I am thankful for a little brother who comes over to hold the baby when I need to take care of something and who I can still laugh with. You were my first friend and I will love you always bug.
6. I am thankful for music. Loud music to sing with the windows down, soft music to lull my daughter to sleep, and slow music to dance to in the rain.
7. I am thankful for creative outlets. Photograph, sewing, writing, baking. Ways I show who I am.
8. I am thankful for God's providing hand. I may not have things the way I want them, but he makes sure we are taken care of.
9. I am thankful for laughter in my marriage.
10. I am thankful for new friends.
11. I am thankful for baby smiles that make my whole life have new meaning.
12. I am thankful for Elmo. Song or tv he stops my babies crying and gives me a minute to go to the bathroom.
13. I am thankful for my grandparents who are here to love my my daughter and be a part of her life.
14. I am thankful for rice pudding. It's not helping my weight loss, but it does seem to help my sanity.
15. I am thankful for the hour that my daughter spends paying alone in the morning while I doze on the floor next to her.
16. I am thankful for my daughter, did I say that already? Oh well I'm doubly thankful for her.
17. I am thankful for in-laws who love me and help more than they should.
18. I am thankful that God has helped me to gain control over my anxiety without the daily use of medication.
19. I am thankful for friends who tell me I look good. I mean really, those are great friends.
20. I am thankful that my daughters father loves her and me and wants to be with us forever. I love you Sean.
21. I am thankful for Godly people who pray for my family. All of my family.
22. I am thankful that I haven't sat on the floor crying and overwhelmed with mommy-hood in 3 months.
23. I am thankful for the sun shining and the rain falling. I love them both, even more when they are at the same time.
24. I am thankful for baby laughs when I want to cry.
25. I am thankful that God has brought me through 25 years and is still molding me into who he wants me to be.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your list. May you be blessed with a beautiful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! You remind me a lot of myself. I hope to be half the mommy you are! This one in particular is great, it's so beautiful, I feel like such a sap, but it brought tears to my eyes.
    -Tabatha

    ReplyDelete