Monday, June 14, 2010

Crockpot Rice Puddin'

During my pregnancy I discovered that I L-O-V-E rice pudding. I have looked for recipes several time and they just seem like too much work when I can just buy the yummy orange cozy shack container instead. However, today while looking for a yummy chicken and rice Crockpot recipe, a recipe for rice pudding popped up and it seemed to simple not to try. It turned out delicious! I cut the recipe in half and have easily 10 servings so I will post the amounts I used.

1/2 gal milk (I used 2%)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup rice (it should have been 1/2 cup but I like more rice in mine)
1/8 tsp salt
1-2 tsp vanilla

Pour the milk, sugar, rice, and salt into the Crockpot. Stir to distribute ingredients. Turn on Crockpot to high and cook for 2 1/2 hrs stirring to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom. Around 2 1/2 hours the milk should be starting to boil around the edges, turn the heat to low and cook another 30 minutes. Add vanilla and stir, pour into room temp glass container with a lid and place in fridge to cool.  Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I’m already following you, but wanted to say Happy Summer! Stop by my blog when you are able.

    My latest inspirational postings include “8 Tips for Successful Living,” “Celebrate,” “Springtime Beauty,” “The Power,” “The Triumphant Heart,” and “Pure Love.”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete