Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Follow & Happy Birthday to me!


WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! I'm so glad you stopped by. Take a minute,  look around, leave a comment. I LOVE comments. If you feel so inclined click on that little follow button to the right, OR on the facebook follow button just below it. And if your blog is looking for some new bling, please feel free to grab my button :)


Today I have lived a quarter of a century. A year ago  I was dreading this birthday. I didn't feel as if I had accomplished something worthy of a quarter century celebration. I had checked off one of the big things on my life list, I was married, and while that is wonderful, it wasn't enough. Then, 1 week after my 24th birthday, I poas and got a BIG FAT POSITIVE. We were pregnant.This year, I celebrate my birthday as a mommy, and it feels right.

Last night I went out with two of my besties. We went on a mommie's night out WITH the children. 3 mommies, 3 strollers, 4 kiddos. We hit up Burlington looking for a bday outfit for me and I walked away with a pair of comfy play pants, seemingly momish but that makes me happy too. Then we went to Steak-n-Shake, for burgers, fries, and the most wonderful shakes. I gave myself the birthday present of locking my keys in the car and was very happy that I had made Sean put the extra set to my car on his key chain so he knew just where they were. I love my girls who weren't put out at all having to wait in the parking lot with kiddies who were getting beyond tired but instead laughed and chatted and made me not feel like such a duns by regaling me we stories of silly things they have done instead.

Today I am off to breakfast and a movie with my mommy and my daughter. We'll see how Ella Grace handles the Matinée. Haha.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. It is very nice to meet you! Happy Birthday! Love your writing of what I read so far. Can't wait to read more of your life as a 25 year old. It been a few years since I was that age...ok more than few...ah well :) Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy birthday! Ahhh... to be 25 again... it's been awhile for me too. I can relive my youth through your blog.... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very special to have been able to celebrate with you! It means a lot that you have been there for our celebrations too! I feel like our paths were re-aligned for a reason. (and sorry I'm just now commenting, I hadn't seen this)

    ReplyDelete