Monday, January 4, 2010

35/35

Today was/is a pregnacy milestone. And if I could find my point and shoot I would take a bump picture, but I can't find it!

So yeah. Today I am 35 weeks pregnant with 35 days to go. It's pretty exciting and pretty overwhealming at the same time. The train I've been riding pulled into "Contraction City" about a month ago, but Saturday night, I made it all the way to downtown. Sean and I made a 10pm drive to L&D due to consistant and painful contractions. They checked me out and said I was still "closed" and then hooked me up to the monitors to check the contractions. Sure enough, there they were! They were real full on contractions. That made me feel better since I would have felt bad and silly about dragging us out in the super cold for minor "irritations". They kept me overnight and started me on Procardia to stop the contractions. With an IV pumping fluids into me and the meds to take away the contractions, I was set for the night. Oh, not to mention the pain meds for my back pain. (I hope that when it's really "time" that I don't have back labor. That was possibly the worse part of the contractions.) They sent me home yesterday, Sunday, after they were sure that both Ella and I were fine. I'm on the Procardia for the next week and have to go back to the OB on either Friday or Monday. I guess I shoud call and schedule that. When I got home last night I felt fine, but by 10pm I was coughing and by this am I was feeling it deep in my chest. I was sure it was just a cough, but tonight I'm starting to feel pretty cruddy.

So instead of going crazy celebrating this milstone in my pregnancy, I am going to eat some mac-n-cheese, take some tylenol, and go to bed.

Good night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment